The Howard Collegiate Institute began its classes on October 2, 1883 for girls and young women. Funds to start the school were provided by Capt. Benjamin B. Howard born in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts on March 2, 1788. It became known as The Howard Seminary for Women. It was a separate enterprise as a private high school with buildings on the same campus as The Howard High School. Drury Hall and Packard Hall were buildings for this school.
Archery, ca. 1954
Celebratory meal in Drury Hall, ca. 1947
Christmas party concert Drury Hall, ca. 1948
Drury Hall dorm room, ca. 1954
Students playing records, ca. 1947
Source: Digital Commonwealth